Monday 2 February 2015

time out- it's my show

the dearly departed of Oscar night is always a strange somewhat maudlin affair. So let's just get it put out of the way now:

firstly an advertisement free rendition of last year's swan song The Wind Beneath My Wings:

Old Friend

I Don't Want to Know (YouTube took down this link- it was a great performance, Ms Lansbury- even though not yours;) I shall not replace it. 

as Bernadette Peters once said in a concert: it’s my show so I’ll sing what I like!
So if I want Betty Buckley to sing everything in my post...;) did you know she was in the original stage version of Pippin


a. beginning


Round and round
The burning circle
All the seasons
One, two and three
Autumn leaves
And then the winter
Spring is born
And world is free

 
once upon a...
                                                 

--> we taught the world new ways to dream 

No comments: