Sunday 19 October 2008

the apathy and indifference of England +++

If I were these honourable (and I mean that in the Shakespearean Julius Caesar sense) men:

Secretary of State for Health
• The Rt Hon Alan Johnson MP

Secretary of State for Work and Pensions
• The Rt Hon James Purnell MP

I would sort the mess your policies have made out of my life and the lives of many, many others in this country.
Try looking into the tissue of lies in a letter sent to me by a Dr. Haiam Fahmy (Chiswick Health Centre). That's just the tip of the New Labour iceberg. And of course the privatisation of care I outlined in this blog from a few months ago.

I had a long chat to Kelly Parker director of the London Film Festival film South Main. Very direct documnetary form for her Cal Arts grad film in the linage of Frederick Wiseman. But the problems highlighted in her film are not isolated to the class/neighbourhood she explores in Los Angeles. Isn't it about time the hypocrisy of British social housing was highlighted too? Where are the Ken Loach's? (Not much has changed since his film Family Life in 1971)
But people like me who speak their mind are targeted to keep our mouths shut. Shame on New Labour and shame on the indifferent and apathetic who know what's going on and in reality do nothing.
I hate to re-iterate David Cameron's (Conservative opposition leader) call last week, but when's the election Prime Minister Brown? And will anything really change Mr. Cameron? I'm not afraid of you Westminster and nor should anyone else be. Have a nice week. I believe Stalin was interested in antique cutlery too.
Passports will be needed to buy mobile phones
Government faces fight from within for spy database.....whatever next?
Turner art prize-winning artist Steve McQueen's first feature film Hunger about events surrounding the 1981 IRA Hunger Strike led by Bobby Sands premieres tonight/Monday at the London Film Festival prior to UK release.
Michael Fassbender: on playing Bobby Sands

No comments: