Thursday 7 December 2006

Rude health

Every single day there are 3 or 4 tube lines with delays. How wonderful it is to get up in the morning and be greeted by such chaos. Good service on all other lines they say. Well, there aren't many lines of good service left after the sick list is announced. Surely that couldn't affect the city's productivity! So many people just don't care in this city. That's the trouble. As decorators crowded my hall this morning (completely unannounced as they were 2 days ago - I complained, nobody took any notice), I tried to rescue my mail from the postman who I don't know from Adam. I explained this as he trundled up the street and upon reaching my door he just blithely handed over the mail for the building. Don't you ask for any identification I said? He looked at me as if I were from Mars and then accused me of being rude. I guess it's not as bad as that Jonathan (The Corrections) Franzen true story about the Chicago post office.

No comments: