Thursday 14 December 2006

Just in case my readership was about to desert me after admitting I enjoyed The Holiday, may I recommend an Australian radio programme to you,
Late Night Live.
Wish I had more time to listen to this. They've got some funky new Christmas intro music too. And one week to listen to this:
The Picadilly line turns 100
And, as the Piccadilly tube line celebrates its 100th birthday, Night Waves goes underground to uncover the cultural effects of the recruitment drive from the Caribbean that brought thousands over to the UK to work on London's transport system 50 years ago.


Don't forget there's a great Swedish vampire movie Frostbite released 15 December in London. Think Aki Kaurismäki with fangs. Kids (well, at heart)and adults will love this and it's up there with the best of gore, complete with Hollywood score. (Please don't remake this, guys) Anyone who likes a film where vampirised mortals fight it out in a snowy gnome garden can definitely join me for Christmas.

No comments: