Saturday 30 July 2016

wouldn't you think my collections complete
....

Andrew listening to the 2016 Proms- a cold tent in ....???? (He's looking 'happy' - trust me!)

The BBC Proms were upon us. 1st Night: The BBC Symphony Orchestra conducted by Sakari Oramo. Sol Gabetta played Elgar's Cello Concerto as if a Japanese garden! Exquisite lines. Sad dark shallow pools...

Listening to the Haitink Proms Mahler 3rd: Andrew's looking sad...ummmm....well...sad/happy the yin/yang dingiddy/dong ting....somewhere in the Catskills me thinks....

Roger Norrington's there somewhere: alive today thanks to an NYC doctor. So there's swings and roundabouts!



When yous figure it all out let me know!....GADZOOKS! It's a cat thing. Or maybe raccoon...there is something every night trying to steal my toes!  Listen up!  Not that I ever wish to promote misanthropic elf-induldulgent films about writers or, or , or indeed CATS! Who -the latter- have but no choice to love and sleep and love and eat and sleep and ...sleep and eat alone with their memories.......

Funny story about Betty Buckley and her Cats debut: she was struggling to find the CAT in her. And then she walked out into the streets of New York. A homeless woman. There was Grizabella; in all her gorgeous dignity. Sounds all like a cliche. As with every single cliche, though, there is the resilience of truth.

I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each. 

Maybe: they are finally singing to me...



No comments: